Wanted: Mikoshi Carriers for Cherry Blossom Festival Grand Parade, 4/22
Interested in carrying a Mikoshi at this year’s Japantown Cherry Blossom Festival? Here’s your chance! We are seeking people to help carry the Taru-Mikoshi during the Grand Parade this Sunday, April 21. For more information, please contact Kuni Takeshita (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Below is a schedule of events:
- 10:30-12:00 Registration at Nihonmachi Terrace, 1615 Sutter St (near Octavia St), followed by the costume change. Note that personal clothese and shoes will be transported to former Kabuki Hot Spring (now called Joie de Vivre), where carriers can take shower. Please note that we will accept up to to 170 carriers.
- 2:00 All carriers are to gather at Sequoia parking area.
- 2:30-3:00 Mikoshi joins the parade at its tail end; timing depends on the length of the parade
- 4:00 At the completion of the parade, all carriers go to former Kabuki Hot Spring to take shower (all personal belongings will be transported there)
- 4:30-5:00 Post parade party starts at Nihonmachi Terrace with meals and drinks